HC system adapters

Kai

Hi

Might be an obvious answer for the people with a broad experience with the HC system, but here goes.
-Is it possible to attach different brand of lenses to the HC system apart from the H and V lenses from Hasselblad using an adapter?
Any feedback is appreciated!
-Kai

fotografz

No.

The H system is a leaf shutter based camera with no focal plane shutter in the camera.

Cameras like the Mamiya 645, Contax 645, and Leica S have focal plane shutters and can use various "dumb" adapters to mount all sorts of mechanical lenses including Zeiss F and FEs, any V leaf shutter lens set to F, Mamiya lenses, Pentax lenses ... most anything that has a mechanical aperture. All of these adapted lenses have to be use in stopped down mode for correct metering and shooting.

The exception to all this is the Leica S2 and S cameras which have a dual shutter ... so Hasselblad H series Leaf Shutter lenses can be used on it via the "intelligent" H to S adapter in either leaf shutter mode and focal plane mode ... while retaining full functions without the stopped down requirement.

-Marc

Kai

Thanks for your feadback Marc! I had a vague hope that some of the other brands of medium format leaf-lenses could be used with the h-system..

Interesting to read about the Leica s can use h-lenses! Leica always seem to surprise me, doing some smart moves!

I would like to try out some other lenses apart from the h-lenses. I've lost a bit of excitement for the v-system zeiss lenses. Maybe the v-system Schneider lenses could be interesting on the h-system. I assume the adapter from v to h will work. Any ideas or experience on this Marc? You really seem to know a lot about these camera systems! Your help is well appreciated! :)

fotografz

By Schneider V lenses I assume you mean those that work on the 500 series Hasselblad V cameras. The only one that I know of is the big zoom made by Schneider. I do not recall seeing that lens listed in the H camera grip LCD indexing menu selection when the CF Adapter was attached.

Basically, if you are working with a H camera, you are using the AF H lenses, or the Zeiss V lenses with the CF Adapter.

-Marc