Medium Format Family

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Part identification


New Member
Hi All,
Having decided to change the light seal in a Hasselblad 120 12 exposure magazine, I noticed that one of the two flat springs which maintain the magazine pressed against the camera body, was broken.
Obviously I want now to change both springs with the genuine part;
Can anyone supply a part number, and the official description please?
Regards to you all, Gerard


New Member

The part number for the springs on the older style magazine 12 is 12262. The part number for the springs on the A-12 film magazines is 13821. The official name is "plate spring."

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!


Active Member
Once you obtain spares (they are called plate springs by the way; I found out when I obtained a back that lacked both) I suggest you use a minute amount of glue to attach them to the back. For me that worked fine, and it ensures you do not loose them at the next light seal swap.